In the day late and a dollar short category, Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out here. If you are a mom, I hope you were spoiled with hugs and kisses and all the things that make you happy.
Last week we also celebrated Nurses & Hospitals Week, and as the two events came together in my head (Mom’s Day & Nurses/Hospital Week), I started to think of some of the things mothers and hospital workers share in common. Here’s a start at a short list:
1. Both groups put other people before themselves.
2. When someone feels bad, they want them around.
3. In the course of doing their duty, both often lose a lot of sleep.
4. There’s usually too much to do at any given time.
5. The “jobs” are equal parts skill, love and patience.
6. Sometimes the work is messy, or physical, or both.
7. A happy “customer” is grateful forever.
8. You do it because you love it, and the big reward is the joy it brings.
9. You make the world a better place.
Happy Mothers’ Day. Happy Nurses & Hospital Workers’ Week.